My top five finds, links, and articles from the past week.
Happy Oscars Weekend! I am quite excited to watch the Academy Awards this Sunday for no other reason than I find it so relaxing/fun and of course I love seeing all the gowns and deciding which is my favorite. I enjoyed perusing this list that Harper’s Bazaar put out of the top 50 best Oscars dresses of all time. However, in my mind I don’t know if anyone will ever be able to beat Natalie Portman circa 2005. On another note, Andrew and I went to this restaurant last night for dinner and it was really yummy. They had a quite a few vegan/plant based options on their daily rotating menu and the weather was so perfect, it was nice to sit on the patio and take advantage of it. Although high 70s in February is kind of throwing me for a loop, I can’t deny that I am on board with not having to throw on a million layers before heading outside. Have a wonderful weekend!
- Growing up in South Carolina I have always loved the nostalgia behind certain iconic southern desserts like red velvet cake and classic lemon meringue pie. Yet, to me nothing beats the comforting flavors of banana pudding.This vegan version is calling my name.
- One of our favorite shows for years has been Shark Tank. I love watching the entrepreneurs and learning more about their ideas as well as how they built their companies. Edn was featured in this past week’s episode and I think it is such a great product. As I have a bit of a black thumb but love having plants around, this may be the perfect solution.
- Speaking of tv shows, Big Little Lies premiered last week on HBO. I watched the first episode and so far I’m liking it. I read the book last year and they seem to be sticking pretty close to that story line. I’m excited to see how the rest of the season plays out!
- We recently purchased the Oh She Glows Everyday cookbook and have been cooking up a storm from it since it arrived. As a long time reader of the blog, I don’t know what took me so long to pick up the book as well. But now I am so glad that I did, it is chock full of easy recipes that you can prepare on a weeknight as well as delicious vegan alternatives for every day staples like parmesan and barbecue sauce. Also, there is something very soothing about flipping through the pages of a new cookbook.
- Loving this weekender bag that Andrew got me for Valentine’s Day. We take a lot of short trips up to Philly to see my parents and generally are just out of town many weekends. This bag is the perfect size for all of my essentials and the quality of it is beautiful. I also love that it has my initials in gold, which just adds a special touch.