My top five finds, links, and articles from the past week.
Happy Columbus Day weekend! We don’t have a ton planned for today – but maybe I will finally make the switch over to my Fall wardrobe. Also, I’m secretly hoping to head here for lunch. I don’t know what took us so long to check out Shouk – a fast casual Mediterranean, plant based spot in DC – but the food is incredible!! Andrew is obsessed with their veggie burger and I think that their mushroom bowl is one of the most flavorful dishes I have ever eaten 🙂 If you are in the area, definitely check them out. Tomorrow we are going to my cousin’s baby shower, which I could not be more excited for – the first baby in our extended family!! Whatever you have planned, I hope you get to enjoy the long weekend. Read on below for a bunch of links and articles (with all the newness of Fall, there seemed to be a ton of inspiring bits floating around the internet this week). 🙂
- There are a few excellent collaborations that I’ve seen popping up just in time for Fall. What could be better than one cool girl brand? Two merging together to create top notch capsule collections. My top two picks so far are the super cozy knits from Doen x Reformation and of course the Lucy Williams x Missoma Roman Collection, which launched this week! My advice – act quickly as these tend to sell out fast and don’t always come back.
- So many terrific beauty reads over the past few weeks that I can hardly keep up. I love these two round ups featuring a bunch of fabulous green beauty and skin care. But also – did you see that ITG launched their annual Top 25?!? I was thrilled with all the eco-friendly picks that earned top marks including some of my all time favorites like this and this as well as some I’ve been curious about trying.
- Great news – Deliciously Ella’s third cookbook is about to be released in the US and Canada! I’ve been waiting for what seems like ages, ever since the UK release earlier in the year. You can pre-order it now and it is set to be officially published on the 17th. After reading her first two books cover to cover and whipping up pretty much every recipe, I have high hopes for this one as well 🙂 She is the queen of healthy yet tasty, plant based weeknight cooking.
- I’ve been hearing more and more about crystals and my interest is certainly piqued. What could be bad about carrying around a little good luck trinket wherever you go – not to mention they are beautiful. But with so many options it can be hard to know where to start and what the different stones signify. This little quiz from Well and Good was fun and helpful – I got amethyst.
- Halloween is just a few short weeks away! I thought this round up of more sophisticated spooky decor was on point. Honestly so many of these items I would be thrilled to display year round as they would add a quirky moment to any room in the home. Also, this chocolate – yumm!!
P.S. Goop has released some great articles recently that I had to add in. In particular, I loved this one highlighting the daily NYC routine of the cool-girl Parisian brand Sezane’s supremely chic designer. Also, for anyone who suffers from the occasional annoying breakout (hand raised) this piece had some fabulous natural recommendations to heal and soothe acne without all the gross chemicals.
Have a terrific weekend!