My top five finds, links, and articles from the past week.
Time for the weekend and it is finally starting to feel like Fall around here! Slowly but surely the weather is getting crisper and I think I’m actually appreciating a slight break in the heat. Andrew and I are in Cincinnati this weekend visiting his grandmother and are looking forward to exploring the local area. Apparently OTR is a really neat downtown neighborhood that we need to check out. Also, how cute does the little cafe/juicery look? Might just have to pay it a visit. On another note – I cannot believe that it is basically October! My September faves will be up this week so be sure to check back for that 🙂 And read on below for some fun links and articles.
- Always a lover of sneakers – Stan Smiths will most likely forever be my number one shoe of choice. I recently picked up this pink pair, from the Pharrell collab, which I adore. I’ve also been noticing Tretorns making a huge comeback as well as the chic, eco-conscious brand Veja popping up everywhere. Nothing beats the versatility of this kind of classic sneaker, which can instantly incorporate a laid back vibe to any look – be it denim or a party dress.
- ITG put out a fun article a couple of weeks ago highlighting the “cool girl” essentials. I love the idea of these secret, yet super effective and uplifting daily products. Some of my favorites made the cut including this, this, and this. Also, how cute is that pouch?!? (Would be perfect for getting through TSA).
- Overalls have been in constant rotation lately, with the unpredictable end of summer, early Fall weather. They are perfect with just a simple tank layered underneath or a more substantial long sleeve on chillier mornings. Not to mention, they are so comfy, yet look like you tried when paired with cute shoes such as slides or loafers. In my opinion, Madewell hands down makes the best – their versions are fitted so you don’t look like a construction worker, but loose enough to move around in all day.
- Vogue’s Youtube videos and fashion month coverage has been excellent. I’ve especially enjoyed watching Anna Winter’s recaps from New York Fashion Week as well as London and Milan. I love how she is perpetually clear, concise, and honest. Also, it is fun to hear what up and coming designers she is excited about.
- A fantastic round up of places to go apple picking if you are in the DC area. It’s become quite the Fall ritual for us to pick up a few pounds of fresh apples and then go to town creating crisps, apple sauce, and homemade cider. I’m looking forward to heading out again in the coming weeks!
Have a wonderful Saturday!!