My top five finds, links, and articles from the past week.
It’s finally Saturday! I’m not sure why, but for some reason this week seemed extra long. Getting back from our trip on Monday night and then hearing the horrible news about the earthquake in Mexico City and Hurricane Maria was devastating. I am grateful for how lucky we are, but truly feeling for those affected by these natural disasters. We had a blast exploring Mexico City last weekend for our one year anniversary. It is a special place – full of life, culture, and very warm people – all my thoughts and prayers go out to those recovering in both Puerto Rico and Mexico. On another note, it is officially Fall although it doesn’t quite feel like it yet! Here in DC, we’ve been having beautiful sunlit days reminiscent of mid July – I’m certainly not complaining and would be all for shorts weather year round 🙂 Thus, we plan to soak up as much of it as we still can this weekend with Tallulah. And this movie came out yesterday – I cannot wait to see it! Read on below for some favorites from the past week if you are in need of a bit of an escape.
- In a recipe rut or just want to spruce up your Instagram feed? I love this round up from Because I’m Addicted featuring five healthy foodie accounts to follow. PS.NY and Vanelja both have stunning feeds and are completely new to me.
- Liv Purvis is a fashion influencer that I recently started following and I’ve fallen for her casual, chic style. Her Youtube videos are excellent as well. In fact, she did one with Lucy Williams a couple months ago that initially drew me in. This week she released a video highlighting ethical fashion brands and I enjoyed every second of it. She mentioned some of my favorites like Reformation and Doen, but also some new to me lines that I am excited to explore.
- Overnight oats in cookie form – sign me up! Such a fun way to play around with my all time favorite breakfast.
- I know it’s been about a week but what were your favorite looks from the Emmy’s red carpet? Hands down Yara Shahidi and Kiernan Shipka won for me.
- Recently Andrew and I have been cooking out of this book quite often. The imagery is stunning, not to mention it features some incredible breakfast/smoothie bowls. A little more unexpected are the savory oat recipes, which I had never experimented with much before. That was quite the oversight as each one we have tried has been delicious, comforting, and all together nourishing. Think oats, tofu, sweet potato, kale pesto – it may sound a little odd but trust me it comes together perfectly. Also, check out the author’s Insta for daily bowl bliss.
Happy weekend everyone!