My top five finds, links, and articles from the past week.
Happy Saturday! I know that the above picture may be taking it a step too far, but I think that I am starting to get into the Fall spirit. The past few days have been absolutely stunning with crisper mornings and clear blue skies. However,with another natural disaster right on the heels of Harvey, we are thinking of and praying for those affected by Irma this weekend. This will be another low key one for us, but Andrew and I had a nice date night yesterday at one of our favorite restaurants in DC – Zaytinya – highly recommend! I’m also hoping to go see Home Again tonight – I am a sucker for anything Reese Witherspoon (top five comfort movies of all time remains Sweet Home Alabama). Throw in the fact that Nancy Meyers’ daughter, Hallie Meyers-Shyer, directed it and I’m pretty sure I will be in heaven – perfect for relaxing. I’ve also been enjoying perusing the beginnings of NYFW – so far I think that Ulla Johnson and Creatures of Comfort are my top picks – so much blush pink! Below find some fun links rounded up from the past week.
- Starbucks is coming out with a turmeric latte! I like where this is heading, but a little doubtful that it can top a homemade version. Regardless, it will be nice to have a slightly healthier option when traveling.
- Hallelujah! Jean Godfrey-June’s Top Shelf was featured over on Into the Gloss this week and it was every bit as fantastic, beautiful, and goals-worthy as expected. We finally get a peak inside her stunning home and dreamy bathroom cabinets. For anyone who doesn’t know – I am a bit JGJ obsessed 🙂
- I am loving the look of layering an oversized, boxy sweater over a slinky slip dress. The contrast is beautiful – not too formal and not too casual, also practical as it will keep you warm.
- According to Who What Wear and Eva Chen closed toe birkenstocks are back! Not sure how I feel about this yet – but I’m sure I will come around 🙂 I absolutely wore mine to death in middle school.
- Andrew and I are in the process of planning a trip out to California this winter, driving up the scenic PCH. I thought this “choose your own adventure” guide to LA by Cupcakes and Cashmere was super helpful with a ton of great suggestions. I’ve also been studying as many of the Goop city guides as I can. (I downloaded the app too, which has the same great suggestions but in an easy to use, on the go format).
Have a wonderful weekend!