My top five finds, links, and articles from the past week.
We have officially entered the dog days of summer. I have said it before, but I am not ready for summer to end! Thus, we will keep drinking up every last drop of beautiful weather that we can. Walks with Tallulah, iced coffee from our favorite shop, and dinners al fresco are definitely all on the agenda. Speaking of dinner, this week is restaurant week in DC, so it’s probably the perfect time to try out some new ones. The Compass Rose looks great and is definitely next on our list to check out. Whatever you get up to, I hope that you have a wonderful and relaxing weekend!
P.S. I am super curious about this movie – hoping that it comes out on wider release soon.
- Nothing says late summer nights like ice cream. The New Potato rounded up a list of the best vegan ice cream spots in NYC. Next time we are in the city, I am definitely checking out this one – mouth watering!
- Andrew and I started watching Friends from College on Netflix and we are totally hooked. It is somewhat of a dark comedy surrounding a friend group reunited and living in New York, 20 years post Harvard graduation. I find it hilarious at times, sad, twisted, and ultimately binge-worthy. (We only have one episode left!)
- Parker Thatch is a company specializing in pretty monogrammed leather goods, accessories, and bags. I appreciate that although it has a preppy bent, everything still feels modern and fresh – particularly loving their tote bags. Also, so many of these would make great gifts.
- Such a gorgeous beauty feature from Into the Gloss highlighting matte skin and dewy lips! It is the perfect mix of natural, yet pulled together. Plus I can attest that the Vapour lipgloss they applied is beautiful. Might I suggest this face powder to complete the look – one of my all time faves.
- This book is receiving fabulous reviews. A true memoir of one fashion editor’s life and struggles with addiction while living in New York City. Although dark, it is definitely next on my to read list.