My top five finds, links, and articles from the past week.
Happy Saturday all!! I am so thrilled to be back to regular posting over here and hope you enjoy this weekend’s links as I think that there are some good ones rounded up below. Last night Andrew and I went to see Cabaret at the Kennedy Center and it was excellent. I don’t think I was prepared for such a dark musical, the kind of show that definitely sticks with you long after it is over – but it was very well performed and I would recommend seeing it if you get the chance. On a side note, the views from the Kennedy Center cannot be beat and we really lucked out with a stunning sunset over the Potomac pre-show. It was a pretty great date night and now I’m really looking forward to the rest of the weekend plus lots of cuddles with Tallulah. (Apparently we can pick up doggy smoothies at South Block?!? I think I know where you can find us). I hope you have the best weekend!!
- I am so intrigued by the idea of “zoats” as an absolute lover of all things oatmeal. It can’t hurt to get in some veg for breakfast and I think it might just make the bowl extra voluminous. Anna’s tips seem spot on, especially grating the zucchini finely – similar to a play on zucchini bread oatmeal.
- Loved this honest account of going sans makeup for a week. As a fellow lover of minimal makeup, I still have a few products that I rely on to make me feel pulled together (rms lip2cheek, w3llpeople mascara!). However, I think this would be an interesting experiment to test out and just see how I feel.
- The Devil Wears Prada for the booming wellness/fitness industry – Fitness Junkie has received a ton of hype as an easy beach read. So far I’m really enjoying it as just that – a light end of summer novel.
- Such a beautiful and classic slip dress (that’s on sale!). It is the perfect wear now and later piece, transitioning seamlessly into a Fall wardrobe with a T-shirt or turtleneck layered underneath.
- I mentioned it on Instastories, but my sister in law kindly gifted me a few pieces from an all natural apothecary in Baltimore – SoBotanical. I was immediately smitten with their lip balm, which is super nourishing, light, and has the faintest calming scent of cocoa butter. Even Andrew loves it and he is extremely sensitive to almost all lip balms. Now we just have to make a trip up to Baltimore and visit the apothecary in person. I have a feeling I will fall in love with the bespoke products and custom aromatherapy.