My top five finds, links, and articles from the past week.
I am so excited for this weekend!! Andrew turns 30 today and the celebrations are well under way. Thursday night we went to a restaurant that he has been wanting to try forever, Mini Bar by Jose Andres (you may have seen some snippets of it over on my Instagram stories). It certainly did not disappoint – think a ton of molecular gastronomy over a tasting menu so long, I lost track. It was definitely a really cool experience, I think my favorite had to be the “butterfly” made out of beets 🙂 Last night we had a little happy hour and today friends from out of town are here to celebrate. We’re going to try another one that has been on our bucket list for a long time – Rose’s Luxury. I am really looking forward to the festivities so I will end here and get back to the cake baking/apartment decorating – fingers crossed it turns out! I hope you have the best Saturday and read on below for some fun finds from the past week.
- Since this is going up on Saturday and hopefully everything goes to plan, I can say this is the birthday cake I made Andrew. He is an almond coconut addict, so it looked perfect. I’ll report back next week on how it turned out 🙂
- I know that not everyone is a huge Gwyneth fan, but I can’t help it – I love Goop for a little escapism. I especially enjoyed this article on how a Coveteur editor cleaned up her beauty routine. Also, they put together some fabulous swimsuit options here.
- These look like wonderful go-with-everything summer shoes (loving the slide version too). They hosted a pop-up at Union Market in DC a couple weeks ago and I’m kicking myself for not stopping by. The biggest question is what color??
- A new to me skincare line that I just found on Instagram. Their products look like perfect skincare basics and they’re not too pricey either. I’m really loving the look of this matcha stick, which you can even pat under your eyes on those really exhausted, need 3 cups of caffeine kind of days.
- One of my all time favorite restaurants in Philly is slated to open up shop in DC this Fall. Cannot wait!!!