My top five finds, links, and articles from the past week.
Happy Mother’s Day weekend! We are in Philly today and tomorrow to spend time with my family and I’m really looking forward to everything I have planned for my mom. Today is a girl’s day for us, first heading to the spa for facials and then brunch at one of our favorite spots. (If you’re also looking for ideas of what to do in Philly – head over to my city guide, where I rounded up quite a few of my top picks in the city). Tomorrow night we are heading here for dinner – an easy choice as it has incredible views of Rittenhouse Square, the food is amazing, and my mom loves it. I’ll probably share some snippets of our weekend over on Instagram stories as well so be sure to follow along over there if you’re not already. Also, if you’re still looking for some Mother’s Day brunch inspiration, check out my post highlighting some easy but delicious recipe ideas. I hope you have a great one and read on below for some interesting reads/finds from the past week.
- If you’ve been reading this blog for a little while then you know that I love Reformation clothing and the entire ethos behind the line. This is such a great article from Who What Wear pinpointing which sneakers to pair with particular Reformation dresses.
- Two of my favorite bloggers/youtubers as documented here, came out with a podcast this week! I listened to the first episode on Wednesday where they chat with the Editor of Glamour UK. So far, I absolutely love it – their personalities really shine through and going inside the interviewee’s home adds a fresh and personal dynamic.
- Lisa Eldridge is basically a legend in the makeup world at this point – currently serving as the creative director of Lancome, she has a huge following and the best celebrity clientele. I have always loved watching her videos – mainly because her voice is so soothing. This week she came out with a video featuring her favorite organic/natural/indie cleansers. It was so wonderful to see her promoting eco skincare and I learned about some new lines as well.
- I’m loving the crossover between wellness and fashion that seems to be popping up everywhere, combining my two loves. This article from Well and Good was especially eye catching. It seems that incorporating wellness opportunities into traditional retail (think workout classes, more athleisure, and healthy eats) might be the saving grace for brick and mortar stores.
- I recently picked up this notebook from a cute shop near us in hopes to keep myself more organized. So far I am enjoying jotting down my lists in it and the pink color is right up my alley. Even better – the brand is based right here in DC – loving all of their chic and minimal desk supplies as well.
Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!